Sunday, March 18, 2007

Round 3




Happy Sunday! Feeling better the last 24 hours but still not feeling too zippy. Better is good however. My white blood cell count was 3.8 on Thursday, down from 10.6 a week ago. The weather outside looks wonderful. I wish I could be out there enjoying it. A group of friends took a bike ride this morning followed by a brunch which sounded like a lot of fun. I was sorry to miss it. Megan A. and baby Charlie are visiting for the week. Megan is a student at OSU and on Spring Break. Charlie is a six month old bundle of joy with a great disposition. Friday night we went over to a friend's house to celebrate a 60th birthday and it was nice to get out of the house. I was able to stay a couple of hours and enjoy the company of friends. Last night had a quiet dinner with friends but called it a night pretty early. I suspect this next week may be more difficult than the first two with the chemotherapy. But I am prepared with my arsenal of anti-nausea medications. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Jonah said...

Holding you in prayer.

Grace M said...

Sheila,

Brad just sent me your blog link - what an amazing journey you are on. I am hoping that the next months, years, moments bring you back to a good level of health. I seems that you have a remarkable level of awareness in what you are going through - which should help you enormously. That and being surrounded by so many friends, and of course, sweet Brad - your future looks good.

Here is wishing you good luck and much love from Paul and me.

Grace Medina

Val T said...

Hello Sheila, Brad had sent your blog link to Don and I, but this is the first opportunity I've taken to read it. You've been in our prayers. The last couple of years have allowed me to witness a few very close-to-home accounts of loved ones going through the same thing; so I realize how bumpy the road to recovery can be. But your progress is amazing! And the support and love you have around you is beautiful. Don and I talk about you guys often and will make it a point to get by to see you when we're in town. Blessings, Val n Don