Sunday, March 4, 2007

1B1 B Gone Update!


Dear Friends,

Many, many thanks for all the cards, visits, telephone calls, emails, dinners, flowers, and overwhelming love and support I have received the past 3 weeks. It has been totally amazing...reaching far beyond anything that I could have ever comprehended or dreamed possible.

I have never used a blog site before but hey, might as well step into the 21st century and give it a try. A dear friend suggested that I use this site to keep friends and family updated on my progress and as a way to "stay in touch" with my 1B1 B Gone support system.
Tomorrow is the first of several BIG days to come over the next couple of years. At 9 in the morning I begin chemo...takes about 6 hours...followed by radiation. This is good. I'm ready. I feel up to the challenge and plan to meet it head on. No way to go around it. It's there, facing me...taunting me in a sense. It's okay...I'm ready to step into the ring. My tendency is to say, "bring it on baby." "You ain't got nothing on me."

Plan to receive your 1B1 B Gone braclets soon! Be in touch...

Sheila

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You ROCK, Boss!!

Marianne said...

Okay, good I typed only a minimal message earlier. I completely failed to get it posted. Here goes again...
I put photos in your mailbox early this afternoon. When you look at them you will know we are all thinking of you.
I send you love,
Marianne

Lynne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynne said...

Hi Sunshine -- Are you going to take up knitting or crocheting in your copious free time? Ian West could use a cute sweater for Easter....

Hugs and Kisses,

Lynne and Tim

Laine said...

I found this poem to share with you because I thought it represented our friendship. Hang in there, baby.

A Letter to my friend

I want you to know
how i feel about you
you are a wonderful friend
even if our friendship is new
you and i will have special times
and we will share a few smiles
we might go through our difficult times
but they will last only for a short while
all i want to say is
how much i appreciate you
you are my friend
and i am yours too
i enjoy our conversations
and the laughs that you've brought
I'll keep you in my prayers
and you'll always be in my thoughts
so i just want to say I'm glad you are my friend.

Laine

Marianne said...

Well, I thought it had only taken me three minutes to locate how to post again. Then I carefully crafted my post and found I had forgotten my password. I had felt so trendy and up-to-date because I had a dear friend with her own blog, complete with photos. Sheila, you have brought me to the twenty-first century technology and you have done it without making me whine - no small feat. Now, all I have to do is remember the password I created only a day or two ago - geeeez. No one said getting me there would be easy. Keep up the good work, Sheila.
Gobs of love,
Marianne

Unknown said...

I am confident you will make it through this. You are in my thoughts and prayers, (yes Mom I pray, lol)
Randy

Marianne said...

I am confident when I write this that I speak for many. Those of us to whom you have promised to push our wheelchairs and load our walkers into and out of your vehicle are thrilled to know you've added "cathaterization" to your skill list. You never know when we might need that, too...

Marianne said...

Boy, did that photo ever make me smile! I, like you, cannot wait to do it again. I haven't been on my bike in months, but the thought of riding the canyon with you inspires me to restart. I'll restart when you do! Deal.
With great love,
M