Monday, March 5, 2007

First Big Day


Wow! What a long day. Seven hours in the chemo chair and about 30 minutes with the radiation folks. The first hour I was flushed with fluids, then 30 minutes of pre-drugs (anti nausea, zantac, benadryl), followed by 3 hours of Taxol, followed by 45 minutes of Cisplatin, followed by another hour of fluids. The nursing staff was just awesome as were the friends and spouse that spent the day with me. It's been incredible.

The four other women with me today also had cervical cancer at various stages. For two of the women this was their last treatment. The side effects varied as much as the women did. I'm going to hope for the best! The only side effects I've noticed is a flushed face which I think is an effect of the steriods I took last night. Otherwise all is good!

Not much else to report. Please feel free to post a message...I'd love to hear from you.

For today, I'm learning to live...

Sheila

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hey Sheila,

Just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers and I'm here for you if you need anything...Im just a few hours away...I'm not much of a cook, but I'm a hard worker and will do whatever you need...Keep the faith..

JJ...Arkansas Headache clinic

Unknown said...

You are such a trooper...but then that is one of the many great things that makes you the great person you are.

My thoughts and prayers are with you today, tomorrow, and always.

Love you,
Kelley