Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ensure

Staring at my mid-morning bottle of Ensure I reflected on the fact that four short weeks ago I was wondering how to get 10 pounds lighter...now I'm constantly thinking about how to gain weight! Nothing like a radical hysterectomy and cervical cancer to drop the weight...not really what I had in mind a few weeks back...oh, well. I feel as if I've aged 20 years. All my muscle tone has vanished and I don't think I could ride my bike around the block. I can, however, walk around the block and should probably be doing more of that. I've had problems with my bowels but found out today that is due to an infection I have (too many antibiotics in the hospital) rather than the radiation. I'm now on Vancomycin. The doctor has promised I will feel better soon, which is great news. The toilet and I have become best buds but it is getting a little old. I'm hoping that I will have a little more energy when this bowel problem improves.

In this photo, Brad and I and another rider have parked our bikes outside a convenience store. This was taken on Prince Edward Island during a week long organized bicycle ride. It was a little on the warm side, dusty, and windy. We eventually piled our bikes into the sag wagon and took the van back to the resort!

5 comments:

Sof said...

Sheila, hang in there. I am with you everyday. Sonia

Rose said...

test

Jonah said...

James C here - you remember me from Palliative Care Week 2001. So sorry you have to go through this, but rejoice in your positive prognosis & positive attitude.

Unknown said...

Hi Sheila: Your blog is a great idea; keeps everyone up to date on your progress and you don't have to repeat things a hundred times. Bet you didn't know how many friends you have. Ya know we have really nice bike paths up here in Minnesota. Take care. Marianne & Michael

Gayle said...

Hi Sheila,
It is so nice of you to keep us in the loop with your messages here. I am a regular Coke girl, too. Never could get the hang of Diet Coke, or diet-anything. I did like Tab and Diet Rite cola, when I was about 12, I think, but the formulas were different then.

Eat lots of yogurt. It helps the good stuff regrow in your intestines.

Hugs to you and Brad,
Gayle and David