Monday, March 12, 2007

Round 2 Begins


This Monday took less time for the chemo treatment...not sure why, but the treatment regimen seemed a little different today. It was still about 6 hours but it passed pretty quickly. I was able to cat nap some and that helped the time pass quickly. My assistant, Rita (who by the way is one of the most marvelous people ever), brought lunch and we spent some time catching up on work related activities. I haven't thought a lot about work (that tunnel vision thing) but I also know that I have an incredibly dedicated staff that does great work, which relieves my mind and allows me to focus on getting well. My stomach is a little upset this evening, but not too bad. Still have some mild diarrhea but I found out today that I can take Imodium so Brad and I will be on the way to the pharmacy soon.
This photo was taken a couple of years ago after a beautiful bicycle ride from Edwards Colorado to Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It's about a 50 mile ride mostly downhill. We've done this ride several times now and it is always a great ride. On this particular trip, my buddy Jerry Vannatta and I raced like maniacs through the Glenwood Springs Canyon at about 20 miles an hour. It was exhilarating but we saw very little of the canyon. Following the ride we dived into hamburgers and lots of beer. Of course this means a couple of people in the group didn't get to ride and had to meet us in Glenwood Springs with a couple of cars. It's a little tough for me to get back on a bike and ride 50 miles (mostly uphill this time) after I've had a few beers and my tummy is full! Great friends, great time! Can't wait to go again.

No comments: