Thursday, March 8, 2007

Better Day


Today was significantly better than yesterday...guess it will be a roller coaster ride the next few weeks. Brad came home and took me for a spin in the "blue baby". It felt great to let the wind blow through my hair and I didn't have to worry about messing it up! Cutting my hair was the best thing I've done so far and it makes a great summer cut, especially with the convertible. Because of the surgery I have been restricted from driving for 6 weeks...so I have about 3 more weeks to go. I can not wait!


For those who care or have an interest (!) my bladder still didn't work this morning so I am now having to self catheterize. Let me just say that this is one skill that I certainly had never intended to learn. Otherwise, I'm doing well. Finish my last treatment for the week tomorrow.


Sheila

7 comments:

Julie said...

Great to hear that you had good day...and I'm excited for you to cruise around in the "blue baby" .....I know its beautiful and so much fun...

Have a great weekend!!

JJ

Kathy said...

Glad to see your posts Sheila. Also happy you have so much support. Hurry and get well... Kathy and Curt

Linda E. said...

Dear Sheila--I'm so glad you set this up so we can keep track of your progress. We're holding a good thought! Linda E.

Megan said...

dcq2azx\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ 8uihhkgv7tmgbnjggjhuik kl jnojb l.hukmin78huinvdyungu vdnhfvdnjbret764b7t
-Charlie

Raina Pelofsky said...

Hi Sheila,
I learned of your diagnosis last week and have thought of you every day since. I hope that my thoughts have somehow managed to find you. I read this poem and wanted to share it with you. Please know that I am among the many who are with you in spirit.

Reciprocity
(by John Drinkwater)

I do not think that skies and meadows
are
Moral, or that the fixture of a star
Comes of a quiet spirit, or that trees
Have wisdom in their windless silences.
Yet these are things invested in my
mood
With constancy, and peace, and fortitude;
That in my troubled season I can cry
Upon the wide composure of the sky,
And envy fields, and wish that I might be
As little daunted as a star or tree.

Love and best wishes, Shiela.
Raina

janelle m said...

Sheila,
I hope the weekend was a good one. Give it hell this week. Oh, and, please talk to Charlie about his spelling!

Love to Bad Cow

Janelle M

Gayle said...

Hi Sheila,
It was great to talk to you today. We're with you each step of the way on this unexpected journey.
Many hugs, Gayle and David