Saturday, April 14, 2007

Update

Sorry for so long between posts. I finished radiation and chemotherapy treatments then had to go in the hospital. Seems my blood count was low and I was in need of hydration and fluids. I've been home several days now and am feeling better. I cannot wait until I feel "normal" again. I'm looking forward to eating and not wondering how the food will react in my stomach. I am also looking forward to drinking and enjoying a glass of wine...something that I haven't been able to do in several months. I am also ready to start entertaining again...something I have greatly missed.

I have a doctor's appointment in two weeks and so will find out about the next steps in the treatment process. I understand I may have the option for more chemo, but don't know for sure yet that is what I want to do. I will probably choose to have a pet scan then see if anything shows up.

Brad and I are headed to Florida (St. George's Island) in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to walking on the beach and eating seafood.

That's the story for now. I'll report more when I know more.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Hi Sheila, So glad to see your 'voice' here again. Yuck on the setbacks, it certainly takes plenty of patience and fortitude to tolerate treatment. Good for you, though, that this stage is over. Rest up plenty so you can enjoy the trip to Florida!